Friday, August 20, 2010

Help using filters in photoshop?

I took a photo off my sister's web page. I just dragged it from the web page to my desktop. I wanted to use photoshop to make some alterations to it. When I open it up in photoshop I can view the photo just fine, but the filters are not available. The image is a .gif file. I can open other images taken from the web and use filters on them just fine. Why can't I alter the one I want?



Help using filters in photoshop?network



The correct answer is to go to Images, Mode and change the mode to RGB. Then you will be able to use the filters. A gif image is in indexed colour mode and you can't use filters in that mode. note: using save as and resaving as a jpg will just degrade the quality a little more than it already is.



Help using filters in photoshop?norton



Ah there you have it. You will need to do a File %26gt; Save As.. and choose jpeg as the file type.



You will then see your filters. Remember the image you got from the Internet is going to be quite small, so don't plan on making any photographic prints from it.
I agree with Mason Torrey's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment