Friday, August 20, 2010

Should i learn Photoshop or Autocad?

I probably should've just entitled the question: ''Which career should I pick? Drafting/Design or Art/Graphic Design?''



Anyway, I'm trying to decide between the 2. I know that Autocad is for drafting and MAY require some descriptive Geometry skills. And Photoshop MAY require some 2D and 3D Art/Design skills. Its hard for me to decide which to EXCLUSIVELY learn from. On one hand I can learn/use Photoshop and learn doing tutorials from online and books. OTOH, I can learn Autocad doing the same thing.



What are the pros and cons to using Photoshop vs. Autocad.



AFAIK, Photoshop is MUCH cheaper. Autocad OTOH, cost an arm and a leg...



Should i learn Photoshop or Autocad?security



There are no pros and cons they are two very different packages. AutoCAD for precise technical drawings, Photoshop for artistic image manipulation.



In my field of architecture you need both - and its not really that difficult to pick-up either. With time and practice you will become proficient in the areas appropriate to you final job. I strongly recommend flexibility in the workplace and having a broad range of abilities.



How to do this... well there are 'educational' copies of both programs everywhere. They want you to know their product. In todays connected world (you ARE using the internet) there is NO excuse for not getting a copy and learning / trying it. AutoCAD comes with accessible tutorials and Photoshop Tutorials are everywhere on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment