Monday, August 16, 2010

Adobe photoshop and Adobe image ready?

I've been given the opportunity to advertise my radio station in a new magazine dedicated to my genre of music (j-rock) but they want me to design it...



Half Page: 8'' W x 5'' H or 4'' W X 11'' H (plus 1/8'' bleed)



I know how to make a page 8x5... but I can't figure out how to make a bleed using the programs mentioned in the title. I've looked for tutorials, but the only one I could find is ''Adobe Indesign'' that has a simple to use bleed option. I don't see it on these programs as far as I know. (Just bought them tho)



anyone know? I'm a DJ, not a web designer. lol. so I'm clueless about this. I didn't even know what bleed meant in the advertising world until 20 minutes ago. lol



my programs are Adobe photoshop CS2 and Image Ready CS2



Adobe photoshop and Adobe image ready?computer repair



All they're saying is that they need an extra 1/8'' ALL the way around the artwork - this will get trimmed off or removed. It's NOT just adding 1/8''. Add 2/8'' to each dimension to get the right size and then drag a rule to 1/8'' of each edge of the document to stop important stuff going over. Make sure the general background goes into this space though.



Adobe photoshop and Adobe image ready?free antivirus



You just need to make the image 1/8'' bigger diagonal than the specified size. This is to ensure that there is no blank space around your ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment